TERMS OF SERVICE
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. USE LICENSE
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Elevate-Church.co.uk web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Elevate-Church.co.uk web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Elevate-Church.co.uk at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Elevate-Church.co.uk web site are provided “as is”. Elevate-Church.co.uk makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Elevate-Church.co.uk does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Elevate-Church.co.uk or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Elevate-Church.co.uk Internet site, even if Elevate-Church.co.uk or a Elevate-Church.co.uk authorised representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. REVISIONS AND ERRATA
The materials appearing on Elevate-Church.co.uk web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Elevate-Church.co.uk does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Elevate-Church.co.uk may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Elevate-Church.co.uk does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Elevate-Church.co.uk has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Elevate-Church.co.uk of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. GOVERNING LAW
Any claim relating to Elevate-Church.co.uk web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of UK without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Your privacy is very important to Elevate Church. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how Elevate Church collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information. All personal data, whether it is held on paper, on computer or other media, will be subject to the appropriate legal safeguards as specified in the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
The principles of the regulation require that personal data shall:
- Be processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain conditions are met.
- Be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose.
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes.
- Be accurate and where necessary, kept up to date.
- Not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
- Be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights.
- Be kept secure from unauthorised or unlawful processing and protected against accidental loss, destruction or damage by using the appropriate technical and organisational measures.
- Not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
1. DATA COLLECTION
We collect personal information when you are in contact with Elevate Church. For example when you:
- Register details via embedded forms on our website or social media
- Make a donation using our offering envelopes or electronic means
- Provide your contact details in writing or orally to Church staff and volunteers
- Purchase goods or services, including when you provide credit or debit card details
- Communicate with the Church through means such as email, letter, telephone
Elevate Church will treat all of your personal information as private and confidential, not to be disclosed with anyone other than the church leadership and ministry overseers/co-coordinators within the church, in order to facilitate the administration and day-to-day ministry of the church.
There are four exceptions to the above permitted by law:
- Where we are legally compelled to do so.
- Where there is a duty to the public to disclose.
- Where disclosure is required to protect your interest.
- Where disclosure i s made at your request or with your consent.
3. USE OF DATA
Elevate Church will use your personal information for three main purposes:
- The day-to-day administration of the church e.g. pastoral care, including calls and visits, coordinating team rotas, keeping financial records for audit and tax purposes.
- Making contact with you to keep you informed of church activities and resources.
- Statistical analysis; gaining a better understanding of church demographics. N.B. although collated church data may be passed to a third party, such as number of small groups or small group’s attendance, no personal data will be disclosed.
Information contained on the database will not be used for any other purposes than the above in section 3. The database is accessed through the cloud and therefore, can be accessed through any computer or device with internet access. The server for the database is in the UK and hosted by Churchsuite.
1. Access to the database is strictly controlled through the use of name specific passwords, which are selected by the individual.
2. Those authorised to use the database only have access to their specific area of use within the database. This is controlled by the Data Controller and other specified administrators. These are the only people who can access and set these security parameters.
3. People who will have secure and authorised access to the database include necessary Elevate Church team
4. All access and activity on the database is logged and can be viewed by the Database Controller.
5. Subject Access – all individuals who are the subject of personal data held by Elevate Church are entitled to:
- Ask what information the church holds about them and why.
- Ask how to gain access to it.
- Be informed how to keep it up to date.
- Be informed what Elevate Church is doing to comply with its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations
6. Personal information will not be passed onto any third parties outside of the church environment and associated organisations.
We do not sell or pass any of your personal information to any other organisations and/or individuals without your express consent, with the following exception: by providing us with your details you are giving the Church your express permission to transfer your data to service providers including mailing houses, such as MailChimp, to enable fulfilment of the purpose for collection.
7. Sensitive Personal Information: The Church may collect and store sensitive personal information such as health information, religious information (church attendance) when you and/or your family attend, register for church events and conferences. Your personal information will be kept strictly confidential. It is never sold, given away, or otherwise shared with anyone, unless required, by law.